# Product Settings
Product Settings are configurable settings that apply across all of the products within a given hierarchy.
Product settings can be accessed by clicking on the “Edit Product” button from the “Product Overview” page of a given product. Product settings can only be modified at the root product within a given hierarchy. For descendant products within the hierarchy, the settings will be read only.
# Renumber Risks
The Renumber Risks product setting is used to indicate during which policy transactions the Risks on a policy will be renumbered.
The current options are:
Multiple options may be selected at a time. For example, the product can be configured to renumber risks only during Endorsement transactions, only at Renewal or during both Endorsement and Renewal transactions.
# Use Case
A common risk numbering requirement is for a vehicle risk on a Personal Auto policy. The basic numbering requirements are that each vehicle has a number, starting with 1. This number would then be used on the Dec and possibly other documents, including claims documents. It is also needed to identify the vehicle for a report. There are cases where the vehicle is only referred to by number in certain documents.
At renewal, if a vehicle has been removed, some carriers would like the numbering updated. For example, a policy has vehicle
#1 and vehicle
#2. Midterm they add vehicle
#3 and remove vehicle
#2. While in the current term, the current vehicles would stay numbered as vehicle
#1 and vehicle
#3. At renewal, they would be renumbered to
#2. Some carriers will also request risks to be renumbered during an Endorsement transaction.
The Sequences product setting is a way to allow Risks to be grouped for the purpose of numbering the Risks. Sequences can only be configured at the root product level. Users will not be able to add or modify sequences in descendant products.
# Use Case
Some Personal Auto implementations configure separate Risk Types for each of the different Vehicle Types. For example, there is a risk type for Private Passenger, another Risk Type for Antique Autos, and another one for Golf Carts, etc. In this case, it is common for the carrier to request that all of the Vehicle type risks be grouped for the purpose of numbering.
# Add Sequence
To create a Sequence click on “Add Sequence” and fill in the following information:
- Label - the user will be required to enter a Label for the Sequence Group.
- Reference Name - a required field that will be defaulted to the label name in camel case, however it can be modified by the user to any unique reference name.
- Risk Types - a list of Risk Types configured within the product will be listed for the user to select the risk types to be included in the sequence group. One or more can be selected.
- Only root level Risks will be displayed in the Risk Types list. Child Risk Types will not be listed.
- If any of the Risk Types selected are already part of another sequence a validation message to the user indicating that the risk type(s) are already part of another sequence is displayed. “The following Risk Types will be removed from previous sequences:”. The user can then choose to continue or not.
- If yes - the risk type(s) are removed from their old sequence group and added to the sequence group being created/modified.
- If no - the risk type(s) remain in the original sequence group(s) and are not added to the sequence group being created/modified.
# Edit Sequence
To make changes to an existing sequence - click on the sequence, make the necessary changes and click “Save Sequence”.
# Delete Sequence
To delete a sequence click on the sequence and then click the “Delete Sequence” button.